Wednesday, March 7, 2012

It's time to eat!

Lately I live in the kitchen. And no, I'm not locked up, or forced or punished. I just love being there.
Because, if you remember my earlier posts about cooking, I'm sure you also remember that I always said that I was a "poor cook", but lately, I'm learning a lot, trying, trying & trying. Have there been Fails? OF COURSE! But somebody said once, that "the real failure is when you stop trying". That's what happened to me. But, you know what? NOT ANYMORE!
 So here I bring you a new recipe that I tried yesterday. All of you know the keys to my recipes:
easy, quick and delicious. Here you can find the three!

Chocolate Plum Cake


ingredients

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tablespoon pure cocoa powder 
a pinch of salt

directions

preheat your oven to 180ºC.
grease a plum-cake tin, set aside.
For this recipe, you're going to need a mixer. So, in a bowl {A}, put the 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup sugar. Mix it up. Add  the eggs {2}, the tsp vanilla and mix it up. Here you add 3/4 flour little by little, mixing up, adding in baking powder and salt. Mix all this up. 
Once you have it, put half in another bowl {B}. set aside. 
In the first bowl {A}, add in pure cocoa powder and mix it up.
Now, you put in the plum-cake tin a little of the bowl B, now bowl A {whole} and bowl B to finish in the up side.
Bake it for 40-45 minutes. To check if it's done, you can insert a stick in the center of the plum cake, and if it's dry, then it's ready.


Let cool. {I never do...}


xo

ps: sorry for cell pictures... all I had
pps: the quantities I used were for a little plum-cake, but the normal is to make this recipe with the double of everything I used (except salt, vanilla,  baking powder & cocoa. Use the same quantity of these ingredients)

{images via link with ❤}

5 comments:

  1. aww maria is becoming a little chef, bakery queen goddess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looked yummy!
    This cake made me hungry :-(

    COme visit my blog and let's follow each
    other on GFC!

    http://www.momfashionworld.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummie! a mí no me gusta la cocina y es que no soy buena en ella!! jaja he tenido varias experiencia que lamentar..

    por ejemplo, una vez intenté hacer creme brulé y salió huevo cocido :(

    disfruta el bizcocho !

    xx
    teresa
    www.trend-ish.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. well doesn't that look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete